Coriander is an annual herb that grows three feet high and is very aromatic. Coriander seeds have been used internally for centuries. Coriander has a high linalool content, which helps skin maintain a healthy looking complexion. Coriander can be soothing when massaged into the body. The sweet, herbaceous aroma is both relaxing and uplifting, making it a good rotation oil to use in blends fora fresh, organic note.
- Regarded as one of the most flavourful essential oils with countless applications and benefits.
- A versatile flavouring component widely used across the world in savoury dishes, commonly used in plant form.
- A fresh aromatic herb, ideal for soups, salads and seasoning for savoury recipes.
- Can be used to provide a soothing sensation when applied topically
- Amongst its countless applications, Coriander can be relaxing.
- Enjoy one drop of Coriander internally after eating large meals for minor relief.
- Add one drop of Coriander to curry recipes for an extra invigorating boost in flavour.
Cooking with Coriander
Essential oils are very potent compared to dry seasonings, spices, or other flavouring agents, so even the tiniest amount can add a serious blast of flavour to your dish. When using Coriander in cooking, it is best to use the toothpick method – dip the tip of a clean toothpick into the essential oil bottle and stir the toothpick into your ingredients. After you’ve stirred the toothpick around in the dish, do a taste test to see whether you want to add more of the oil or not.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food additive use: Dilute one drop in 125 ml of liquid.
Topical use: For massage, mix 5 drops with 10 ml carrier oil. For bath, mix 5 drops with 5 ml carrier oil. For perfuming, mix 1 drop to 10 drops carrier oil.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays up to 12 hours after applying.